“If it’s free, it’s advice; if you pay for it, it’s counseling;
if you can use either one, it’s a miracle.”
Jack Adams, Canadian Hockey Player
Attorneys do what you cannot, will not, or should not do for yourself. Unless you are able and willing to act on free legal advice it is worth just what you paid for it — nothing. The law is a complex network of statutes, rules, procedural issues, and case law which varies widely from one jurisdiction to another. In order to successfully use legal advice or counsel you need to retain an experienced attorney — unless you are expecting a miracle.
When you need an attorney, call me. But, before you do, please explore my pages, particularly the page entitled “Representation Made Easy.” I provide experienced legal counsel and representation, on a fee for service basis, in the following areas:
- Litigation — All federal and state Los Angeles area courts — prosecution and defense of claims and lawsuits including: commercial and residential real property claims and suits such as disputes relating to commercial leases, easement and boundary disputes, quiet title actions, title and other insurance claims, unlawful detainer actions, and foreclosure issues; contract and business disputes including those between members, partners or shareholders or employers and employees; negligence and strict liability claims involving personal injury resulting from aviation, automobile, or other accident, defective products, unsafe conditions, and dog bites; professional liability claims involving attorneys and other professionals, including legal malpractice and breach of fiduciary duty claims; insurance disputes including coverage issues and bad faith; and many other types of personal or business claims and lawsuits. If you have been served with a lawsuit, consult this jump.
- Bankruptcy – Debtor/creditor; petitions; Chapters 7, 11 & 13; creditor claims; adversary proceedings including complaints to determine dischargeability; motions, including relief from stay and LAM motions.
- Probate – Trust and estate administration, petitions, objections and contests.
- Wills & Trusts – Drafting of wills and declarations of trust; general and special powers of attorney including durable powers; codicils and restatements; estate planning.
- General Business – Formation and maintenance of business entities including corporations, general and limited partnerships, and limited liability companies; drafting of contracts; other business related matters including commercial collection.
- Administrative and Education Law — Representation of teachers, brokers, nurses, and others before their licensing boards and at hearings before an Administrative Law Judge, including the representation of professors before the Academic Senate.
- Criminal Law — All misdemeanors including DUI, lewd conduct, prostitution, and drug offenses.
- Virtual Lawyer — I have the tools you need: I use technology to communicate with you and to render cost effective, quality representation whenever California is the appropriate jurisdiction.